10. Commodities trading jackets are the best selling items at Abercrombie & Fitch
9. George Foreman is the pitchman for an infomercial featuring a "Home Panning Kit"
8. The most popular major at Chico State is Geology
7. Due to high prices, Olympic metals are replaced by ribbons
6. Monster Park in San Francisco is re-named Glamis Field
5. Analysts upgrade shares of McDonald's based on mineral rights to its real estate holdings, bringing new meaning to its "golden arches."
4. Snoop Dogg introduces the "Bling Mutual Fund."
3. Hustle and Flow wins another Oscar for their single "It's Hard out Here for a Miner"
2. The WB has a new hit show about teenage prospectors called "Dawson's Claim"
1. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes name their newborn son Newmont.
Here's the full article, from 2006.