Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quote of the day - Up to 8in of snow on the way, Met Office warns

All this Anthropogenic Global Warming is really making it cold round my way, with snow having fallen all day. But don't worry about my heretical views, because I'm just an 'irresponsible denier'.

However, my dad always told me that you should always believe the bookies, because they always know the real deal. Which is why the following quote caught my eye:
The wintry conditions prompted Ladbrokes, the bookmaker, to cut the odds on a white Christmas in London to 5/2, one of the lowest ever.
Superb.

2 comments:

Paul said...

We're having a cold spell in Estonia, about 5F. Nothing unusual for our winter, but usually Decembers have been milder here. Hopefully we'll have white Christmas too.

Jack Maturin said...

5 Fahrenheit?

Crikey. You'll be able to ski to Sweden across the Baltic soon, if this global warming keeps up! ;-)