Monday, April 05, 2010

Deflation on the prowl as Bernanke shuts down his printing press

AEP writes a ridiculous piece on how Mervyn King and Ben Bernanke have saved the world. Fortunately, there are enough readers out there in LabourGraph land to put him right. My response, below:
Jack Maturin on April 05, 2010 at 05:26 PM

"My view – anathema to readers, I fear – is that Ben Bernanke and Britain's Mervyn King saved us from potential calamity."

Ho ho, AEP, you are a tease.

I could write a monumentally dull 2,000 word treatise on how it is Eddie George, Alan Greenspan, Mervyn King, and Ben Bernanke which got us into this mess in the first place, with their addiction to pleasing their political masters with their Zimbabwe-style money-from-thin-air machines, but there's no need.

I think Max (5:00pm) has nailed it.

No comments: