Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We are not worthy

I had the great honour and privilege of spending several hours alone in conversation, recently, with a living breathing Professor of Austrian economics. We don't need to name names here, but the scope, the range, and the power of the thinking of such people, left me staggered with admiration.

As a mere back-street propagandist and barricade-manning volunteer for the Austrian cause, I felt a bit like Salieri in the company of Mozart; able to appreciate the splendour of the thought but incapable of reaching the same symphonic heights myself.

Oh well, perhaps if I'm good enough in this life I may come back as an Austrian Professor myself, at some point in the future.

If you are at that tender undergraduate age where such things are still possible, then I would recommend that you go for it, because it truly is the noblest cause; the salvation of civilisation will be in your hands.

What could be better than that?

No comments: