Monday, October 20, 2008

Quantum of Solace

Thank the Lord that the new James Bond film is coming out soon, to offer us some temporary relief from the idiocy of world government. Yes, I know, James Bond is an agent of world government, and Ian Fleming helped create the CIA, etc, etc.

But please, give me a break. I also watch Top Gear and Doctor Who on the BBC, I believe one of the greatest radio programmes of all time was the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, from the BBC, and that Bonson Jorris is mostly a good person, despite his recent statist piffle about Keynesian pump-priming.

None of us is perfect, and I will continue to enjoy watching James Bond films for hopefully some time to come (until possibly the dreadful day comes when they cast an American in the title role). On that day, citizens, there truly will be a revolution.

And of course, it is the fine scripts, talented direction, and intense acting skills that draw me to this most successful of film franchises. It is nothing to do with anything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the film yet but lots of people are is more Jason Bourne than James Bond