Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Have you ordered your copy yet?

Just in time for Tim Geithner's staggeringly stupid bid to destroy the American economy, with a $2 trillion dollar injection of heroin fiat paper, comes the new Thomas E. Woods' book, Meltdown, currently number two on the US Amazon non-fiction listing.

If you're really sick of Gordon Brown's constant 'market failure' refrain, and you want to explain to your friends what has really been going on, then this looks like the book to get.

Alas, your humble Maturin Towers correspondent has not yet seen a copy himself, but if it's anywhere near as good as The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, then it will be well worth the entrance fee.

Read more here:

=> Why the Depression

Thomas Woods, I salute you. Congratulations on getting this book out so quickly, to give the rest of us much needed reinforcement in these dangerous times.

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, I'm just finishing off another superb book by AngloAustrian hero, James Turk:


=> The Collapse of the Dollar and How to Profit from It

Frightening, persuasive, depressing, and exhilarating. What a book! If you want to learn how to end up with investments that are actually worth something, once the Tim Geithner and Peter Mandelson crowd have deliberately tried to destroy your wealth to preserve their power, then this must be the book.

Do however read it with caution; I'm currently stuck, because I'm too frightened to keep turning the pages.

UPDATE: A great YouTube plug for Thomas Woods and Meltdown:

2 comments:

not an economist said...

Addres for Murphy's blog with an interview between Greg Beck and Woods about his book:

http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/

Scroll down to the item headed -

Tom Woods and Burt Folsom on Glenn Beck

I find Beck annoying tbh but what Woods has to say is interesting. There is some Friedmanite being interviewed in the same video aswell but I don't really know who he is.

Jack Maturin said...

Arguably (and I haven't seen a copy yet), this could be the most important Austrian book since Man, Economy, and State.

I hope that when Mr Bezoz delivers my copy to me, it's as good as I hope! :-)

ANY publicity that can sell one extra copy, is good in my book, even if it's Glen Beck.

And give him his due, he may have beat up on Ron Paul during the presidential campaign, but Beck does often lift the lid on lots of rotten government action, even if he has a strange 'interruptive' interview style, to get his point across.