Saturday, November 14, 2009

Report on LvMI UK

Bad news, folks.

I have spoken to my control from Auburn, and from what he tells me I personally would have to do to get a Von Mises Society going in England, which would achieve the aims I would want for it, would require too much energy and time on my part for me to be able to do it.

However, if anyone else wants to form such a thing, then I would be happy to join.

The first step might be for a rogue UK Austrian individual with a spare £50,000 in their pocket to sponsor a Mises Circle event, say in London, and to take it from there.

In the meantime, because of a lack of Austrian economics professors in England, who would be the probably best strong 'root' of a Von Mises Society, perhaps the better things to do are to:

1. Help the LvMI in Auburn, especially by helping it fund the enrollment and education of UK people into the Mises programs, to then enable them to become Austrian professors in England, to then form the nucleus of a future much more effective Von Mises Society.

2. Help Sean Gabb with his endeavours, with the Libertarian Alliance (orthodox wing), and try to add Austrian influence to it.

3. Similarly, for the Libertarian Alliance (provisional wing).

Oh well, reality hurts. But it's the thought that counts.

No comments: