Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Understanding the state


Having now ensconced myself within the financial world to the point where I can make a living within its gilded halls, I now need to re-acquaint myself with our ultimate enemy - the state. Therefore, after having managed to survive De Soto's magnificent Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles (PDF link), it is time for Maturin Towers to tackle the following important anarcho-capitalist thread:

The State, Franz Oppenheimer
Our Enemy, the State, Albert Jay Nock
The Rise and Fall of Society, Frank Chodorov

And finally, once I'm ready, a book I've been looking forward to reaching:

The Rise and Decline of the State, Martin van Creveld

In the meantime, for light relief, I'm almost through Book II of L.A.Wilding, having overcome deponent verbs, and once I've tackled Caesar's invasion of Britain in the original Latin, I can get onto Book III. Once I've managed that, I'll finally be ready for the preparation of two mighty tasks; firstly, becoming thoroughly acquainted with the London gold trading market, with a view to eventually seeking some kind of minor position within it (in preparation for the day when central banks finally collapse), and secondly, the big one, attempting to read Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis.

Who needs Cicero? Marvellous.

No comments: