Friday, December 04, 2009

Are the Russians Coming? Brief Thoughts on the Climate Change Scandal

To add some more heavyweight intelletual comment to our specially-extended 'Green Day' program, I thought I might provide a link to an interesting commentary by Dr Sean Gabb:

Like many other people in our movement, I have been delighted by the publication of that computer archive from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia. I have spent most of my life denouncing every excuse for state activism as a pack of lies. I have never yet had the joy of seeing the projectors of those lies revealed as little more than pantomime villains – twirling their moustaches while confessing their villainy in whispered asides. Compared with this, the “weapons of mass destruction” lies were misunderstanding in good faith.

But the question uppermost in my mind at present is what all this will mean for the climate change cult. Will this be a more complete moral and intellectual collapse than Communism ever suffered? To begin my answer, I will discuss the subsidiary questions of who and why.
Read the rest of the story here.

No comments: