Saturday, May 09, 2009

Peter Schiff: In top form on Wall St Unplugged

Another excellent 'Wall St Unplugged', from Mr Schiff (April 29th), with the highlights being his condemnation of the US government 'stress tests' and how he thinks America is going to be despised globally, in a few years, for imposing massive worldwide inflation simply to prop up the fantasy lifestyles of 300 million Americans for a few more years of bubble economics.

He sees 'quantitative easing' (a.k.a. counterfeiting), which most of the world's central banks are now engaged in, as a deliberate poisoning and destruction of the monetary system which the world's economic well-being is based upon. The ramifications of this could (will) be calamitous.

It's powerful stuff.

Der SchiffMeister speaks, almost without pause and where the callers play only a peripheral part, for a full hour, though it only seems like about five minutes.

Which is great, if it takes you 40 minutes to 'run' three miles. (And I use the word 'run' there, in the very loosest of senses.)

So for sharpening up both your body and your mind - and all gratis - there really can be no finer radio show than 'Wall St Unplugged'.

Podcast it onto iTunes immediately:

=> http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=292655537

PS> There is a later show, on May 6th, but as I'm living a rather complicated life in various hotel rooms at the moment, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Will catch up soon.

PPS> Crowne Plaza hotels. Cheap. Nasty. Always avoid wherever possible. Especially the horrible one in Abu Dhabi. Pay for Internet access? Are you kidding me? I thought quality hotels stopped doing that about five years ago? 15 phone calls to get online? Oh yes. If you're lucky. Crowne Plaza. Rubbish. No non-smoking rooms available, sir. Unless you jump up and down for five minutes, and then we'll give you one of the five non-smoking rooms we are holding for people who have to jump up and down for five minutes to get one. What a load of utter rubbish. Not that I've had a long day with delayed flights, messed up limos, and closed business centres. So check-in receptionists trying to turn me over on complicated packages where my client gets stuffed so long as I sign, is all I need. Did I mention Crowne Plaza? Did I mention how rubbish they are? I would never use my own money to book a Crowne Plaza hotel. Of all the 'main chain' hotels in the world, and I've stayed in all of them, they are quite clearly the worst. By a long margin. Horrible. Nasty. Cheap. Rubbish. I think that about sums it up.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Try Econtalk for some excellent pod-casts. The latest with Ed Leamer is well worth a listen.

Jack Maturin said...

Cheers, Kit.